By Fernando Segal
The words “leader and coach” in Tennis have integrated a new significance in today’s age. Each of us can be a leader in our daily lives and make a positive difference, whatever our title or position are like tennis coach.
It is important to understand that you are the key person in the process. You must believe in yourself and continuously develop ways that help you grow, to be who you are and in that process, help others to develop as people and professionals. You have to love that challenge.
The biggest personal and professional challenge and job is to be yourself. Respecting who you are.
Taking some considerations from my book Grow-Your Tennis Development Program, remember like tennis leader:
1. Leaders have to be humble and keep learning how to discover themselves every day.
2. Leaders have to be intentional to create growth in their environments.
3. Leaders have to be committed in who they are and what they do.
4. Leaders must be confident in themselves
5. Leaders care people. Care themselves.
6. Leaders are aware to keep moving beyond comfort zone.
7. Leaders create strong networking and relationship management.
8. Leaders take charge of their career exploration and brand management
9. Leaders create business opportunities and financial management.
10. Leaders love what they are and what they do
We are in the business of molding and empowering lives. As tennis leaders and positive difference-makers, we have a responsibility to share with others each day with sympathy, empathy and deep understanding of the process.
We can always do better tennis!! Make your mark!!